CIRS program areas
Our mission directs us to increase social justice in rural California for all residents, building sustainable communities based on a healthy agriculture. Foremost in our work are marginalized populations.
Our goals are to:
- Increase public awareness of farmworker issues and conditions.
- Improve policies that impact farmworkers and sustainable agriculture.
- Increase the credibility of the social justice movement by providing objective data.
- Offer solutions to challenges that are beneficial to both growers and farmworkers.
- Increase the viability of small to mid-sized growers.
- To achieve our goals, we work in three broad program areas realizing that there is overlap among three.